November 5, 2013

HOW TO REVAMP THAT OLD SHOE/BAG INTO ANKARA SHOE AND CLUTCH. Tutorials

Hello there...
This is a tutorial on how to cover your old shoe with a cloth, eg ankara or wrapper material.





Here is ''how to'' revamp an old shoe or clutch in to a beautiful ankara clutch bag and shoe. Its a pictorial so don't worry. It's easy!

Things you will need.
The shoe you want to cover,
Ankara material,
Glue and a scissors

More on the inside, click







I will be using my old Fioni shoe here, I had not worn it in a while and when I did, it was acting up so I decided to change its look.

.




Apply glue to the heels vigorously






 Now attach ur ankara to it just like this.






permit my camera, fold the edge b4 attaching





and viola,,, the heel's done.






 To the body of the shoe, do same, apply the glue to it and then attach the ankara to it and smoothen it.
Trim off excess material and apply the glu beneath fold the excess under.






Half done, here is the trickest part. The ankara might just stop somewhere, dont panic. Just fold the edge of another piece and attach neatly.






Attach it neatly and remember folding the edges b4 attaching it to the glue/shoe...






Like this






Way to go, its coming up.






FINISHED Work




 That's it

 Good to goo.....

 Watch out for the clutch tutorial coming soon.





This is me rocking this Fioni Shoe in Dakar, Senegal some time ago.

I hope you ll try it out and let me know how it came out and also feel free to ask questions where you don't understand. I will be glad to explain more. 
Catchya...
Jen

7 comments:

  1. This is what i have been looking for,you have made my day,thanks,is that the ordinary uhu glue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there re other tutorials on http://happinessisfromwithin.blogspot.com/
    Hope that helps
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. waooo am glad practise tins on my mind. tnx you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny u r so wonderful for sharing this secret on public. Now I would revamp my oldies to new. Lots of love. Pls keep it up. Plus I love ur simplicity in explaining things in detail.

    Onyi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny u r so wonderful for sharing this secret on public. Now I would revamp my oldies to new. Lots of love. Pls keep it up. Plus I love ur simplicity in explaining things in detail.

    Onyi

    ReplyDelete